Friday, March 16, 2007

My Dots Disabled

BlueDot has a tool that will automatically create a blog post from your days Dots. For the last few days I was trialling this here on the blog. Here's some examples :
But I've just turned it off again as I felt it was generating unnecessary noise. It gets particular weird when you are also getting BlueDot to generate Dots based on your blog entries. Because you start to see you blog entries show up on your blog as Dots. Still it is an interesting feature. It allows you to add tags that you want to use to filter the Dots (i.e only add Dots with these tags). It would be nice if you could exclude by tag (i.e don't add Dots with these tags). That way you could ensure your blog entries don't get regurgitated. It would also be nice if you could filter based on your rating (i.e add Dots with a rating greater than 3). Finally more frequency options would be useful. I'd be interested to have a weekly list of Dots. This could be particularly useful for users who Dot infrequently.

2 comments:

Mohit said...

Just FYI, we now prevent Dots that were auto-dotted from your blog from showing back up in the daily blog post. Thanks for the feedback regarding posting frequency, rating, and tag exclusion.

geekglue said...

Thanks for the update Mohit. I hope I don't sound too picky. Just think of me as a fussy friend. I think what you guys are doing is great. Particularly like the new View Counts feature.