Friday, July 06, 2007

Fireworks : Flex Style Explorer

A while ago I saw this article on Flex styling in Fireworks CS3. I didn't write about it at the time because I didn't have access to CS3 and couldn't really test things out. But in my continuing search for the best way to integrate Fireworks into the Flex development workflow I've just taken another look. The real gem in this article is the Flex Styles Explorer. I've been using the online version of this tool from the day it first appeared and I use it often. It's a genuine time saver for styling Flex components. The Fireworks version of the tool gives easy access to the tool offline as well as allowing you to copy the generated css for use in Flex. It doesn't apply the styles to the Fireworks Flex Components so you won't be able to completely reproduce the design in Fireworks. But it provides a path for getting it quickly into Flex and anything that makes life easier is a good thing to me.

No comments: