While we were checking out the AIR iPhone we got to wondering what the server sees when you browse to a page using mx:HTML. It was simple enough to test by browsing to one of our own websites on the AIR iPhone and then checking out the server log. It was pretty interesting. The user agent string was :
AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/419.3 Apollo/1.0.Beta1
I found it interesting that it referenced both AppleWebKit and Safari. But the most interesting thing is that it still shows Apollo rather than AIR. I tried publishing my own using the Flex Builder 3 Beta and it still shows Apollo. I assume that dark corner got missed in the move from Apollo Alpha to AIR beta. I'll need to go and have a little think about how I want to deal with this in our server log application.